Ok, they are not 10, not very awesome, and even not really tips. But after having read some popular blogs and various advice lists, I just had to come up with the list of my own, honest and hopefully effective. No more intro, here they are.
- Make it your special to start every post by addressing your readers in the same way, preferably like if you were talking to puppies. Example: hello cuties/lovelies/babes.
- If you want to use somebody’s idea, say that you were “inspired” and thus you can also leave out the person’s name.
- Write lists. People love lists. Even if they don’t know it, they love lists.
- Instead of using words like “sponsorship” or “advertisement”, use words like “a present”, “friendly borrowing” and “collaboration”. This is a way more positive message.
- Don’t underestimate the power of avocado toast. If there is nothing to share, share your avocado toast.
6. Make sure that your blog has plenty photos of you. Because this is what your readers came for: you you you.
7. Make references on your blog to your Instagram posts, on your Instagram make references to your blog, and on your Snapchat to both. Facebook and Twitter too, if they still exist in your universe.
8. Share your latest 10 blog posts on Instastories. Maybe, people are so busy that they forgot about the existence of your blog. Do gently remind them.
9. Avoid negativity by deleting critical questions in your comment field.
10. Use a lot of catchy words like “fresh”, “hot”, “awesome” and “fantastic”. It has to be amaaaaazing, reading your blog.
11. Celebrate whenever you get 100 followers, 200 and 500. And share the number of your blog views, preferably weakly. Your readers care about your statistics just as much as you do, so don’t leave them without the chance to share your joy with you.
12. Make sure to create an intriguing title. Example: “10 Habits of Most Successful People”. Even if it would be followed by such mundane things like “they make sure to drink enough water” and “they sleep at least 7 hours every day”, the reader would already have clicked into the post, and be getting caught up by this useful information.
13. About the title. Make sure to use phrases like “This is what I have learnt from…”, “I stopped doing this and this is what happened”, “This is what I found when…”. People love the suspension.
14. If you are a new blogger, search for the blogs in your niche and subscribe to them all. You don’t have to read them all, but maybe, some of them would visit you and be glad to discover that you have already 3 posts and promising more. These can be your future followers!
15. It is good to interact, so go on and leave some comments on other blogs. It can be as easy as “Awesome post”. Don’t forget then to inform that you also have a blog and kindly invite the person to visit your blog. Maybe, they will get so blushed by your compliment and not be able to find the way to get back to you. Help them to stay in touch by leaving the link to your blog on every comment.
16. And, the most important and unique one, – just be yourself. Because you know how to do it, what exactly to do and how effective that can be.
If you have more tips like these, do let me know – I would love to make this list longer 🙂
Happy blogging! Have fun!