There are days when I get so happy seeing different small things – and then I sit down and list them. Under the title “reasons for happiness”. The autumn sun in my window, the violet flowers on the balcony, the green plants inside, yoga in the morning, a pink coffee cup with a cactus on it…
There are days when I feel neither up or down. Somewhere inbetween, like today. Maybe, it is the sign of autumn, because I feel as my usual enthusiasm goes down to rest, together with the light and temperature. I had a short walk in my neighborhood and was thinking about a new blog post. Post about 5 things has been a while ago. A very long while ago. What can I write there? And then suddenly I start listing all the nice things I see and feel around.
I like the colorful facades of my neighborhood. I like my red coat. I like the smell of fresh pastry from the kiosk. That lovely corner with a cafe, flower shop and a hipster coffee bar. That older man from the flower shop, careful about detail, who once sold me a bouquet of eucalyptus. The freshly painted frame of a barber shop, now in bright yellow. A guy on the orange Vespa. The fact that Vespas are still on the streets.
And suddenly a neutral mood, slightly touched by an autumn melancholy, becomes a happy mood. Quiet happy, not vibrantly happy like in summer. But still – content and grateful.
To confirm this good effect I will sit down and make a blog post of my favorite 5 things of the moment. Maybe, if I do it more often, it will turn into a conscious habit. A habit of collecting reasons for happiness.
So, here are my five favorite things right now.
- My favorite pink cup with a cactus. I like how its light pink (a bit too light in this photo) plays with other pink details of my desk.
2. This little vase from Ikea and a simple composition of greens. It feels minimalistic and still lively.
3. Colorful details of my neighborhood. This one is from a tattoo salon. I like colors and I love pink :))
4. My red coat. I bought it on spring sale last year (Zara) and, luckily, its color is still trendy this autumn. I like wearing red in autumn and winter because it brightens up the day and my mood. During the warm summer I don’t care as much about colors – but in wintertime they serve as a color therapy to me :))
5. Colorful facades of my neighborhood, Grunerløkka. These ones are so pretty in pastel. They seem quite fresh too, here the facades are usually taken good care of. Except the graffiti that can be there for quite a long time.
Hope, you have many things on your happy lists! What are your “reasons for happiness” this season?